CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

2008 Summer Games and Father's Day

June 11-14, 2008
Utah Summer Games in Cedar City
My nephew Conner is on a rockin' soccer team: USA. They played a tournament in the Summer Games in Cedar City. They were the defending champs and took the Gold Medal once again! Conner is the one in the front row with black on his cheeks. The girls and I tagged along with Lisa and her boys to watch a whole lot of soccer and hang out. It seemed like a good idea until the 3rd day and all the kids were sleep deprived. A couple of meltdowns and a Gold Medal later we were happy to be back home. Marley's favorite part: swimming; Ivy's favorite part: the Jazz Bear at the Opening Ceremony; my favorite part: watching Conner kick butt.




June 15th ~ Father's Day
We visited my family in Highland on Father's Day. Had some good food and presents. Dumb me, got him a gift he already had~ a Camelback for hiking. Good thing he got a gift receipt with that right? We rushed home trying to beat Rusty since the house was still a mess from our Cedar City junk. He was on his way home from Lake Powell with Reinier and Steve, and they beat us despite our mad dash from Highland. The girls had both fallen asleep in the car so all Rusty got on Father's Day was some kissable sleeping babies. On Monday they gave him our gift ~ a blower for the yard. It was kind of a selfish gift since I mow and trim the lawn 95% of the time!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

brandy said...

Sweet sleeping beauties!! I love that picture! Happy Father's Day Rusty. Sounds like you guys had a fun a great weekend!! You're the best aunt in the world. I don't think I could have watched 2 days of soccer....

Charity said...

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that does the yard! I like doing it though but people think its crazy when you say that your the one mowing and stuff...
Happy Fathers Day!

Mandi said...

Its good to hear from you too. Your girls are adorable!

crista said...

Cute picture of you and the fam!!! Okay I am trying to figure out how this blog stuff works now.

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

Melinda, I am glad that you found me. This is such a great way to keep in touch!! Your family is beautiful11

JulesandBriPoulson said...

That picture is too cute! So, you guys were both off in warmer places down south- I am jealous. I guess I can't complain it is finally getting warm enough here.

I'm glad to see YOU got a nice gift for Fathers Day! I got Brian a smoothie maker that is more for me too.:-)