CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 24, 2008

Welcome to the Dirty Thirties


Thanks to all who joined us at dinner at Tres Hombres and fun at Liquid Joe's. I had a blast! I thought going out would make me feel young again but in fact it had the opposite effect. The Spasmatics are so fun to watch but watching the young and stupid club goers is even funner! It made me realize that being old and 30 is a good thing. Knowing your limits and when to stay in your chair has its plusses. Having a life partner and 2 kids is much more appealing than trying so desperately to find someone to go home with. So glad I'm not them. I'm thankful for the years past and all that I've learned. I guess that means I'm glad I'm 30.

Me and Russel my Muscle

My adorable brother Jason brought his laptop so Brian could Skype in from Maryland. So fun. It's just not the same without them.

Amy, Jeff, Casey, Liz, Jeff, Jess, Reinier, Lisa, Muscle. Not pictured but loved just the same are Angie, Jared, Trish, Clay, Emily, Creed.

Charity and Kristina dogged out after dinner to go take care of sick hubbies. Missed you!


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

melissa said...

happy birthday!! i haven't quite entered the dirty thirties yet but i feel the same way. i don't mind getting older!

and i'm pretty sure i'm going to need your guidance with all of this girly stuff! i am way out of my league here...

Missy Lee said...

Hey Melinda! Happy Birthday!! I was looking through these pics and remembering when we went with you guys a few years ago to the Loco Lizard and then Liquid Joe's. You guys are so much fun to hang out with. We should do it again sometime!!

Mandi said...

Welcome to the old ladies club. Can you believe we are 30. It seems like yesterday you and I were begging my dad to drive us up to Park West to go skiing! What the heck! Happy Birthday.

Ty & Em said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Your kids are adorable!! Can't wait to see you guys! We miss you!

Emily H said...

You probably don't mind getting older because you look so young! Love you.

Dartay said...

You are one of the hottest 30 year olds I know! Can you be my lash model cause you look freakin' awesome!

Melinda said...

Let's hear a little woot woot for taysroom.blogspot.com for the insanely beautiful eyelashes! Love u Taylor!!

crista said...

Happy Birthday girlie!!!! Looks like you had a wonderful day and you were spoiled.

30 isnt that bad you still look young as ever!