CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Marley's Preschool Program

Last day of school. So sad for Marley because she loves going to school; what are we going to do for three months without it? Better question: what will I do in three months when they are both in preschool? Probably won't be too hard to figure out, right?Her nickname from her teachers is "Smarty Pants". She got a perfect score on her report card. Knows all colors, letter, numbers, and is spelling and reading words all by herself. It seems like a normal progression for a 4 year old but sometimes I like to think she's a step ahead. Could just be that I'm a proud mother! When the program started, Marley got out of her chair and went over to the teacher. The teacher gave her the big flag and she proceeded to the microphone. I had no idea what she was doing. She reached right up to the mike and said, "Please rise". She then led the crowd in the Pledge of Allegiance! She did so good. Not a bit of nervousness. I think she was more worried about getting her mouth close to the microphone since it was a few inches taller than her. It was such a surprise to me, I would have practiced with her or at the very least had my video camera charged! I didn't even know they were learning the Pledge. I asked her why she was the lucky girl, and she said "oh, they just wanted me to do that." She was like, whatever...no big deal. Took it all in stride. I caught a little bit on video mode on my camera, but it's hard to see and hear. After the Pledge she went back to her seat and sang cute songs that they have been learning all year. Preschool has been a fun adventure in her life.

3 comments:

brandy said...

My computer is acting up so this is my 3rd comment...but none are showing up. So if you get 3 in a row you know why!
Way to go Marley!!! Congrats!! We are so proud of you!! I'm totally impressed by her! I think she is the "smarty pants"...
I have an idea with what you can so with your 3 hours of freedom...come to Dayton..we'll do lunch!

Emily H said...

Dayton is a little out of the way. I think Lehi is much closer! She is adorable and if you are into arranged marriages I have 4 prospects. (I can't spell) love ya

JulesandBriPoulson said...

Melinda, hey I'm glad I found your blog. So fun to check it out... with your cute girls. I'll send you over ours!